Sunday, January 23, 2011

my worst group project

Time to write a post to complaint about life!
Presentation tomorrow and I am seriously not sure how it will go. I have done my parts. Why I am so frustrated with my group mates is because I did 80% of the work while it suppose to be a team work thing. I didn't go to the first day of class, so I thought they already met each other. I sent them an email and non of them replied me or replied me the day before the scheduled meeting. Never mind, I tried my best to find every single one in class and try to find out a common time for meeting. In the end, only 3 including me showed up in the first meeting. I separated the duty and give each of them a task to do the work. 3 person including me actually did something. We had a meeting two days before presentation, one person said he didn't bring his work, but I already sent out an email to tell all of them to either email me their work or bring it to the meeting. What is his email do? The most frustrated thing came from a girl who could not make for the meeting. She promised me to send her work to me that afternoon. Yes, she did. I opened up and totally speechless. 4 powerpoint slides, covered with all words and copied from internet completely, didn't answer her part of the question. Everyone's duty is to do a powerpoint slides on their part, a 3/4 page writing and a book of reference. She just did one and was totally wrong. How can I not speechless?
I sent out an email again to let them know that we are going to edit the paper one by one and give them a deadline about when to pass on to the next person. Sunday noon, I have not receive anything from them! Sent few emails to chase the first person in line, no replies. Ok then, I edited the paper! There's an evaluation form tomorrow after the presentation. How much marks should I give each of them? Is there a negative choice?

I should calm down now, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.
Next week is a crazy week for me, 2 midterm, 1 presentation, 2 homeworks due, and many many cover letters and resumes to write

No comments:

Post a Comment